INTERIOR DESIGN TERMS
Protect . Fair. Legal
- All fees quoted exclude GST, Local Authority Fees, other Professional Fees, and disbursements.
- Invoices will be issued after the completion of each stage deliverable, payable on presentation of invoice. We allow 7 days in which to settle the outstanding amount from date of invoice.
- Should there be a query on an invoice please raise this prior to the invoice becoming overdue.
- Do Art Design Studio reserves the right to cease work on a project and/or terminate the contract should there be a delay in payment. Payment for subsequent stages may also be requested in advance. Work on overdue accounts may be suspended without notice at the sole discretion of Do Art Design Studio.
- Do Art Design Studio shall not be responsible for any delays caused by late payments, nor for any damages arising therefrom.
- Interest on overdue accounts shall be charged at prime + 2%. Should legal action be necessary, all legal costs incurred in recovering debts which include attorney/client and attorney/attorney costs will be for the client’s account.
- Invoices will be issued after the completion of each stage.
- The proposed fees will comprise of no more than three re-designs during the design stage, thereafter fees will be charged on a time basis for changes, in accordance with the Time Charge fee table.
- The client shall clearly and timeously specify his/her requirements and provide relevant information, decisions and instructions when requested.
- In the case of a change to the client’s requirements, which is likely to vary the contract value, time schedule or professional fees, the designer shall promptly inform him/her thereof and confirm his/her agreement to any additional fees and supplementary services that may be required.
SITE INFORMATION ( If Applicable)
- The client shall provide the architect copies of the title deeds, diagrams, lease conditions and details of any other pertinent constraints related to the project and shall establish site boundaries, beacons, datum levels and such other features as may be relevant. He/she shall also give a survey drawing and any certificates related thereto.
SUSPENSION / TERMINATION OF THE PROJECT
The client may at any time instruct to suspend / terminate work on the project; this instruction shall be in writing and delivered to the address stipulated herein. Immediately thereafter DoArt Design Studios shall be entitled to be remunerated in full for services rendered and disbursements incurred to date of instruction.
In addition, an administration fee of 7.5% of the amount payable by the client up to and including the date of suspension of the project.
Should work on the project remain suspended for six or more months from the date of suspension the project shall be deemed to be terminated.
Should the work be resumed at any time after suspension of the project, increase of the overall fee amount for the remainder of the works by 7.5%.
TERMINATION OF COMMISSION
Termination of a commission may be affected at any time by either party by notification in writing. Termination shall be deemed to be affected on receipt of such notice.
TERMINATION BY CLIENT
Upon termination by the client, the architect shall be paid in full all outstanding fees and disbursements, plus 7.5% of that figure as an administration fee for works complete at that time.
TERMINATION BY DOART DESIGN STUDIO
Upon termination by Do Art Design Studio, the terms of the above shall apply, except that Do Art Design will only be entitled to fees and disbursements related to their services rendered up to the date of their notice of termination and no additional amount shall be due.
LIMITS TO DOART DESIGN STUDIO RESPONSIBILITY
- CONSULTANTS AND/OR CONTRACTED DESIGN SERVICES
Where the design in relation to the project is undertaken by the client’s agents or consultants, the Do Art Design Studio shall not be responsible for the production of the design solution, nor be liable for performance. Unless otherwise agreed, DoArt Design Studio shall not be liable for fees due to such agents or consultants.
- FAILURE OF MATERIALS ETC.
DoArt Design Studio shall not be responsible for any material, component, system or workmanship failing to perform according to the claims of the manufacturers, suppliers, contractors or sub-contractors.
- CONTRACT ADMINSTRATION
The contractor, together with his sub-contractors, is directly responsible to the client for due performance in terms of the building contract. By way of administration and inspection of the works, DOART Design Studio shall use his best endeavors to limit delays to and deficiencies or defects in the execution of works. DOART Design Studio shall not be responsible for the foregoing, nor for the methods, techniques, sequences or procedures employed by the contractor.
The checking by DOART of shop drawings and/or approval of samples of equipment, materials or workmanship does not relieve the contractor or his sub-contractors of their contractual responsibilities in this regard.
- TIME LIMIT TO DOART DESIGN STUDIO RESPONSIBILITY
No claim whatsoever shall be enforceable by the client against the DOART DESIGN STUDIO arising out of, or in respect of any services rendered in terms of this agreement or concerning the carrying out of the works have elapsed from date of practical completion of the works or suspension/termination of the project.
- CONTRACTORS EXCEEDING ESTIMATES
Whilst the DOART DESIGN STUDIO undertakes to use its best endeavors to adhere to the approved estimate/budget it is unable to guarantee that contractors will not exceed the estimate/budget and accepts no liability in this regard.
- PREVENTION OF PERFORMANCE
Should either the client or Do Art Design Studio be prevented by a cause beyond their control from performing their obligations in terms of this agreement, it may be terminated without prejudice to the accrued rights of either party against each other.
- COPYRIGHT, OWNERSHIP AND USE OF DOCUMENTS
The project documents prepared by Do Art Design Studio are copyright and remain his/her intellectual property. The client has the right of use of the documents for the sole purpose of this agreement.
- INSTRUCTION TO CONSULTANTS
If Do Art Design Studio is employed as the principal agent, instructions to other consultants and other agents shall be given through Do Art Design Studio.
- CONTRACT VALUE
Should DoArt Design Studio be commissioned for a limited service where a contract value is not available, an estimated contract value will be assumed and agreed by both parties.
PAYMENT SCHEDULED DELIVERABLES
Payments are due upon the completion of each deliverable. If Client delayed the execution or performance of the project schedule, DoArt Design Studio reserves the right to make payments due, based upon the estimated delivery date of the deliverable.
REIMBURSEMENT FOR EXPENSES
Prices quoted for Services do not include expenses and Client will reimburse Doart Design for its reasonable and necessary cost of travel and out-of-pocket costs for software, licenses, registration, and the like. All non-local trips must be approved by Client before commencing.
Once you have approved / signed off on final Artwork ( or project ) and the invoice has been paid in full, the production / press files are prepared and released to you and or your supplier.